Building & Occupancy Permit

Building permits are a formal permission for the construction, demolition or alteration of a home or a building, and acquiring them can be a complicated process.

Permits must be acquired before you begin renovating. Building permits are approved by municipalities and are considered an official permission for the construction, demolition or modification of a building. Each municipality has its own set of regulations but most major renovations, such as those where structural walls or plumbing components are altered, require building permits. Getting a building permit is an intricate process. It can take several weeks or even months to acquire and if it seems overwhelming, the best thing to do is to contact a professional renovator who has familiarity with permit applications.


  1. Properly filled-up application forms duly signed and sealed by engineers concerned:
    • Building Permit Forms (5 copies)
    • Electrical Permit Forms (3 copies)
    • Sanitary Permit Forms (3 copies)
  2. Five (5) complete sets of Detailed Plans
  3. For construction of two-storey building:
    • Structural Design Analysis – signed and sealed by Civil Engineer at every page
  4. For construction of more than two-storey building:
    • Boring and Plate Load Test
    • Seismic Analysis
  5. Proof of Property
    • Photocopy of Transfer Certificate if Title (TCT)
    • Photocopy of tax Declaration of Property-lot (Certified True Copy) – 5 copies
    • Photocopy of Current Tax Receipt (5 copies)
  6. If property is not registered under the name of the applicant: Submit 5 copies of any of the following:
    • Contract of Lease
    • Contract of Sale
    • Affidavit of Consent of the Lot Owner for the construction of building/house Deed of Absolute Sale
  7. Permit Billboard (0.60 X 0.90 Plywood with the following contents):
  8. Bill of Materials and Specification (5 copies) – signed and sealed by an engineer or an architect at every page
  9. Locational Clearance
  10. Photocopy of PTR # and PRC license of all concerned engineers and architects
  11. Clearance from the DPWH if the construction is located along National Highway
  12. DOLE Clearance