Building permits are a formal permission for the construction, demolition or alteration of a home or a building, and acquiring them can be a complicated process.

Permits must be acquired before you begin renovating. Building permits are approved by municipalities and are considered an official permission for the construction, demolition or modification of a building. Each municipality has its own set of regulations but most major renovations, such as those where structural walls or plumbing components are altered, require building permits. Getting a building permit is an intricate process. It can take several weeks or even months to acquire and if it seems overwhelming, the best thing to do is to contact a professional renovator who has familiarity with permit applications.


  1. Properly filled-up application forms duly signed and sealed by engineers concerned:
    • Building Permit Forms (5 copies)
    • Electrical Permit Forms (3 copies)
    • Sanitary Permit Forms (3 copies)
  2. Five (5) complete sets of Detailed Plans
  3. For construction of two-storey building:
    • Structural Design Analysis – signed and sealed by Civil Engineer at every page
  4. For construction of more than two-storey building:
    • Boring and Plate Load Test
    • Seismic Analysis
  5. Proof of Property
    • Photocopy of Transfer Certificate if Title (TCT)
    • Photocopy of tax Declaration of Property-lot (Certified True Copy) – 5 copies
    • Photocopy of Current Tax Receipt (5 copies)
  6. If property is not registered under the name of the applicant: Submit 5 copies of any of the following:
    • Contract of Lease
    • Contract of Sale
    • Affidavit of Consent of the Lot Owner for the construction of building/house Deed of Absolute Sale
  7. Permit Billboard (0.60 X 0.90 Plywood with the following contents):
  8. Bill of Materials and Specification (5 copies) – signed and sealed by an engineer or an architect at every page
  9. Locational Clearance
  10. Photocopy of PTR # and PRC license of all concerned engineers and architects
  11. Clearance from the DPWH if the construction is located along National Highway
  12. DOLE Clearance

An import license is a document issued by a national government authorizing the importation of certain goods into its territory. Government put certain restrictions on what is imported.

Primarily, importing and exporting goods from and to the Philippines without the proper permit could result in imposing fines and confiscated items. Holding the correct documents will help prevent transport and processing delays and allow goods to be taken through customs efficiently.

Here’s a list of goods that are prohibited from being exported to the Philippines or are otherwise restricted.

  1. Used Clothing and Rags (Republic Act No. 4653);
  2. Toy Guns (Letter of Instructions No.1264)
  3. Right-Hand Drive Vehicles (Republic Act No. 8506);
  4. Hazardous Waste, even in transit into Philippine territory (Republic Act No. 6969, Section 24 of IRR);
  5. Laundry and Industrial Detergents containing hard surfactants (Republic Act No. 8970);
  6. Polychlorinated Biphenyls (PCBs) (DENR Administrative Order No. 1, series of 2004);
  7. Used Motorcycle Parts, except engine (Executive Order No. 156);
  8. Live Piranha, Shrimps and Prawns (FAO No. 126, series of 1979).


  • a. Application Form (notarized and completely filled out).b. Bureau of Customs Official Receipt (BCOR) evidencing payment of Processing Fee (Php 1,000).
  • b. Bureau of Customs Official Receipt (BCOR) evidencing payment of Processing Fee (Php 1,000).
  • c. Corporate Secretary Certificate (Corporation) / Affidavit (Sole Proprietorship) / Partnership Resolution (Partnership) / BOD Resolution (Coop) designating its authorized signatories in the import entries.
  • d. Two (2) valid government issued IDs (with picture) of Applicant and Responsible Officers.
  • e. NBI Clearance of applicant (issued within three (3) months prior to the application.
  • f. Latest General Information Sheet (Corp.) / DTI (Sole) / Articles of Partnership / Cooperative Development Authority (Coop).
  • g. Personal Profile of Applicant, President and Responsible Officers (with 2×2 id picture).
  • h. Company Profile with pictures of the offices w/ proper and permanent signage.
  • i. Address of warehouse owned or leased by the importer where the imported goods are intended to be stored.
  • j. Proof of Lawful Occupancy of Office Address and Warehouse.
  • k. List of Importables.
  • l. Printed CPRS Record and updated “STORED” CPRS notification of CPRS.
  • m. Indorsement from the collector, if applicable.
  • n. BIR Registration (2303).
  • o. Latest Income Tax Return (ITR) duly received by the BIR.
  • p. Valid Mayor’s Permit.

Companies with valid license to operate (LTO) as medical device distributor-importer/wholesaler can file for application for product registration. Only complete documents will be accepted during the application.

The application will be reviewed and evaluated if in accordance with the requirements. All complying applications will be issued a certificate of product registration. All non-complying applications will be issued a notice of deficiency. Each company is given a non-extendable ninety (90) days compliance period. All those who will not be able to comply will be disapproved but will be given a period of sixty (60) days to file for re-application and comply with all the deficiencies. In case after this period the application did not satisfactory comply all the requirements, the application will be disapproved and the company needs to file for initial application.

The BHDT is the recommending office for approval of the CPR. All CPRs are forwarded to FDA (BFAD) for approval.

Both foreign and local companies in the Philippines can enjoy government incentives. We can help facilitate your registration with Philippine Economic Zone (PEZA) or the Board of Investments (BOI). We will help determine your qualifications, prepare all the required documents and process your application.

Fiscal Incentives

  • Income Tax Holiday (ITH) – 100% exemption from corporate income tax
    • 4 years ITH for Non-pioneer Project
    • 6 years ITH for Pioneer Project
  • Upon expiry of the Income Tax Holiday – 5% Special Tax on Gross Income and exemption from all national and local
  • Tax and duty free importation of raw materials, capital equipment, machineries and spare parts.
  • Exemption from wharfage dues and export tax, impost or fees
  • VAT zero-rating of local purchases subject to compliance with BIR and PEZA requirements
  • Exemption from payment of any and all local government imposts, fees, licenses or taxes. However, while under Income Tax Holiday, no exemption from real estate tax, but machineries installed and operated in the economic zone for manufacturing, processing or for industrial purposes shall be exempt from real estate taxes for the first three (3) years of operation of such machineries. Production equipment not attached to real estate shall be exempt from real property taxes
  • Exemption from expanded withholding tax

Non-Fiscal Incentives

  • Simplified Import – Export Procedures (Electronic Import Permit System and Automated Export Documentation System).
  • Non-resident Foreign Nationals may be employed by PEZA-registered Economic Zone Enterprises in supervisory, technical or advisory positions.
  • Special Non-Immigrant Visa with Multiple Entry Privileges for the following non-resident Foreign Nationals in a PEZA-registered Economic Zone Enterprise : Investor/s, officers, and employees in supervisory, technical or advisory position, and their spouses and unmarried children under twenty-one years of age.